Are you at the should I, shouldn’t I stage?
There are many reasons couples decide to have an engagement bash. And although every option brings additional costs, it can also be a time for the two families to meet prior to the big day.
If you have respect and consideration for one another, you’ll make it.
The most loved question has been popped. The ring is on your finger. Sparkler! Wow, it’s such an exciting time. Take a deep breathe. Before you make any decisions. Whether you throw an engagement bash. Big or small. Here are some reasons you could consider if this is something you want to do.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on or purchase a product, I may earn a small credit. However, there is no additional cost to you.
Some benefits to having an engagement party means…
- You can celebrate your committment. Modern has changed tradition where most couples now organise their own occasion.
- Your guests can meet each other ahead of your big day.
- You can set up a wedding gift list. What is an appropriate engagement gift?
- Start your wedding guest list from this. Who should be invited?
- What sort of event you want for your engagement get-together. Could determine the style and location of your wedding.
- Do you choose formal or informal?
- What sort of menu?
- Your decor, colours, theme? Do you want this to tie up with your wedding day?
- This could be a mini rehearsal of your big day. Who does what. How to dress the part.
The biggest option is all about enjoying this time of your life, and sometimes an engagement can act as a pre-wedding rehearsal for your big day. Where you can eliminate all the nerves of bringing two families together in a more relaxed atmosphere.
From breaking the ice to getting friends together. This should be a time of fun brainstorming. Rather than worry. Think of how to arrange a party. From basics. To announcements. And gift ideas. Get planning. Make it memorable. And enjoy your #engagement! After you make this big decision, you may have a set guest list and a time to reflect and celebrate one of the biggest steps you are taking.