Are there days where you require more navigation and guiding?
We plan our day, our meals. Where we want to be in 5 years. Places we long to travel to. Are you spending a lot of time planning? From to-do lists to daily planners. What does the Book of Proverbs say about planning?
Proverbs is filled with wise knowledge to live God’s way. These time-tested ancient proverbs hold meaning even today for insights into wise living and knowledge to empower, inspire and steer you through your plans. To align your heart and mind to plot or to brain storm. And reading these ancient writings, we can distinguish the difference between plotting [with evil intent] and planning [for good measures].
- How do you become a better planner?
- Maybe you are seeking practical issues for what you are facing?
- How do you choose God’s way to all your plans?
To discuss, learn and use your discretion to avert foolishness and avoid becoming trapped. Much of this book is understanding this paradox. And how we can apply this to our daily planning.
Why should you plan, are there any hidden benefits to planning for every aspect of your life?
Most of us don’t plan to fail, but if we fail to plan, then we will fall into this black hole. What is your project or maybe it’s an event? Some ideas could include:
- Travelling to some wonderful destination.
- Outlining your dream wedding.
- The steps you need to start a blog.
- How to publish a book.
We know that in order to not be disappointed, we cannot neglect the attention to detail that is required. From the procedures we draft whether this be in a journal, mind mapping or bullet points – to attain exactly what we want and visualise. If we do not plan, we can end up with a life where we feel stuck or lost without direction.
Most times we link planning with productivity. Because we have an envisaged result as our end goal. And deadlines to assist us to achieve this. A strategy with a target and your best intentions could include the pros and cons to every scenario you are planning.
- Acquire ways to develop successful goals by becoming emotionally intelligent.
- What do you want to pursue in order to have a meaningful and fulfilling life?
- Gain ideas to assist you to work hard, be more disciplined and make sacrifices, all while planning and moving towards success.
- Recognise all the things you want to do and how to get there. From choosing to be happy to stop worrying in that situation.
- Once you devise a plan, figure out what actions are needed to turn it into a goal and then take steps towards achieving it.
- Entrust all your plans to God knowing He knows your road map best as you travel and trek through life.
Let’s get set up with a ‘think rhythm’ by grasping how these proverbs can help you move in your bid to living God’s way and keep your plans alive with God’s consultation, guidance and direction.
10 verses from Proverbs to assist and empower you to become effective with planning
Don’t brag about tomorrow, for you don’t know what a day will bring. Proverbs 37:1
Discretion will guard you; understanding will protect you. Proverbs 2:11
The plans of the diligent end up in profit, but those who hurry end up with loss. Proverbs 21:5
Plans are firmed up by advice; wage wars with good guidance. Proverbs 20:18
Many plans are in a person’s mind, but the Lord’s purpose will succeed. Proverbs 19:21
People plan their path, but the Lord secures their steps. Proverbs 16:9
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
Plans fail with no counsel, but with many counsellors they succeed. Proverbs 15:22
Don’t those who plan evil go astray? Those who plan good receive loyalty and faithfulness. Proverbs 14:22
Deceit is in the heart of those who plan evil, but there is joy for those who advise peace. Proverbs 12:20
Sometimes our plans are successful, other times they need more thought and a game plan. We cannot get away from this fact. We need to plan everything we need or want to achieve.
- Do you consult God when planning?
Ultimately God cannot be ‘outwitted’ by any plan we make.
- Do you seek God’s guidance in your plans?
Whenever you take your plans to God, know it will be with God’s consultation and guidance that they could succeed.
- Do you commit your planning (the process) and plans (goals) to God?
By walking in God’s ways knowing and being led by His direction. From getting advice on the next step to planning for an uncertain future. If we turn our ear to life-giving correction, we will dwell among the wise. (Proverbs 15:31) As the path that might seem correct to us, might actually be one of destruction. (Proverbs 16:25)
Share your thoughts….
What strategies have you utilised from Proverbs in your own planning?