Are you struggling to believe that you are good enough?
An affirmative upside to self-doubt is that without it, you would not build your faith. And live through life’s experiences to strengthen those much needed faith muscles. That all has to begin when you take your first step to stop self-doubt, opting to choose fearless faith instead.
Table of contents
- Are you struggling to believe that you are good enough?
- Why do you give into self-doubt?
- How can you not allow your persistent fears to overtake you?
- What do you do with that lack of confidence to tackle self-doubts?
- 3 Biblical women who chose fearless faith over self-doubt
- 21 quotes and Bible verses to stop self-doubt and choose fearless faith
- What is your favourite quote or bible verse to overcome self-doubt?
Why do you give into self-doubt?
- Do you draw it from your persistent fears that never go away?
- Maybe you ruminate over that unimportant feeling that you are incapable, need to improve to be better, or cannot do what someone more successful than you can do.
- Oh wait, we all might feel embarrassed by the lack of confidence to tackle those doubts and turn things around from affecting our lives. Because we don’t know where to start.
How can you not allow your persistent fears to overtake you?
- Step back and address one fear at a time.
- Now it’s time to face each fear, by challenging individual fearful thoughts.
- By the way, it’s not about being perfect, but realising you will have setbacks and unfortunately life can be tough. Despite this, hold onto these positive quotes and bible verses to help you overcome all and any fear.
What do you do with that lack of confidence to tackle self-doubts?
- If you want to take things further, then you need to push past those negative feelings and not feel stuck anymore.
- At some point you need to directly pursue your dreams [ideas] and goals [putting your dream in action], in place of racking your brains over comparing yourself to everyone else’s accomplishments.
- The quickest way to boost your confidence, is to stop wondering about what anyone else thinks about you.
3 Biblical women who chose fearless faith over self-doubt
Grab some inspiration from these women who turned around those same feelings we struggle with. Where you think you are incapable, not good enough or uncertain of your every decision. To discover how God utilised their abilities to move past self-doubt. And so can you!
There is not much we know about this brave woman, except her willingness to be an ally for the 12 spies that entered the land of Canaan. She became a woman known for her kind deeds and faith, to believe despite the situation. How can you not like Rahab, because so much about her fascinates us. Firstly the fact that she was a Canaanite. Secondly she was a prostitute, in a time where women were regarded subordinate in society. As a result of her boldness, she forsook her gods and turned to the one true God beyond the limitations of her bondage.
The hardships of life have the ability to grind you down or polish you, and crazily enough that is all determined by you! I love Naomi, initially as it’s my second name. Subsequently, because she endured some hard knocks. Starting with losing her whole family, then forced to move to a new country as a famine ravaged her livelihood. With only her daughter-in-law Ruth, I wonder if she feared she too would have a change of mind like her sister Orpah. On the contrary, Ruth chose her to stay with her mother-in-law, and from this sprung an inseparable bond between not only Naomi and Ruth, but in the God Naomi served. Never leaving her side, God turned her hardship into happiness.
In our ‘split second’ culture, waiting seems so counter productive and irritating to many. Hannah waited while the years slipped by and still her dream of holding her own child, seemed unfulfilled. She lived in a time, where so much balanced around having a child. As being barren was a difficult situation to be in. Contra to this, Hannah never allowed her misery to overshadow her praise. It was her relentless trust in God that ultimately overcame her time of waiting with the birth of a son, Samuel. Who became one of the key prophets, judge, and anointer of Kings in the bible.
21 quotes and Bible verses to stop self-doubt and choose fearless faith
It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.Hannah McCarty
Remember that I have commanded you to be determined and confident! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9 GNT)
Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again.K.T. Walters
Remind me each morning of your constant love, for I put my trust in you. My prayers go up to you; show me the way I should go. (Psalm 143:8 GNT)
Believe in yourself, your abilities, and your own potential. Never let self-doubt hold you captive. You are worthy of all that you dream of and hope for.Roy Bennett
“But I will bless the person who puts his trust in me.” (Jeremiah 17:7 GNT)
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might miss, by fearing to attempt.William Shakespeare
Trust in the Lord. Have faith, do not despair. Trust in the Lord. (Psalm 27:14 GNT)
And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.Sylvia Plath
But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed.
They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak. (Isaiah 40:31 GNT)
What is your favourite quote or bible verse to overcome self-doubt?
Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home, and think about it. Go out and get busy.Dale Carnegie
You have taught many people and given strength to feeble hands.
When someone stumbled, weak and tired, your words encouraged him/her to stand. (Job 4:3-4 GNT)
Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith.Dieter F. Uchtdorf
The Lord protects and defends me; I trust in him.
He gives me help and makes me glad; I praise him with joyful songs. (Psalm 28:7 GNT)
Faith and doubt both are needed – not as antagonists but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve.Lilian Smith
The Lord will fight for you, and all you have to do is keep still. (Exodus 14:14 GNT)
In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t.Blaise Pascal
For the Spirit that God has given us does not make us timid; instead, his Spirit fills us with power, love, and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 GNT)
Trust resides squarely between faith and doubt.Warren G.Bennis
The Lord is my strong defender; he is the one who has saved me.
He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will sing about his greatness. (Exodus 15:2 GNT)
We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.C.S. Lewis
Do you want to choose the easy option and give into the fear that holds you back? Or as an alternative take this as an opportunity to gain confidence over your fears. You can be brave and unique even in your weakest moments. More importantly, you need to embrace that truth to be bold – the one preventing you from stepping forward in faith, to follow your God-given purpose. Why? Simply because God says you are worthy and chosen. Overcoming self-doubt will begin when you release everything that holds you back. By tracking a new way forward to overcome every challenge.
Share your thoughts…
How will you uncheck self-doubt and choose faith to step away from being over-cautious, making excuses and choosing the validation of others instead of God’s?