So you met the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Organising a day that is perfect takes planning. Where to start? What to do? The first question to decide is where do you want to get married. With so many #weddings now taking place in exotic locations. Why not choose a romantic destination. Far far away. Something that could be as close to your own fairytale. Begin your #weddingplan.
THINGS TO DO NOW
- Arrange a small celebration to tell your family and friends you’re engaged.
- Open a wedding bank account.
- Organise your wedding insurance.
- Set a budget.
- Decide what location you are considering.
- Choose a destination.
- Research package deals.
- Choose the key people you want to be involved in the day.
- Collect ideas and inspiration as you create your wedding mood board.
12 – 6 MONTHS
- Set the date.
- Send out save the date cards informing family and friends of the destination.
- Plan the type of wedding you want.
- Choosing a wedding planner is optional. If you decide to be your own wedding planner. The key is to be organised. To create a day that will run smoothly from beginning to end.
- Deciding your wedding package early. From legalities. To the civil ceremony. Now is the time to discuss all these options with the destination. Then agree on a deal once you do.
- Now that friends and family know you plan to fly away to. Find the stationery you like and want. Then send out invitations.
- In close conversations with your wedding planner abroad – discuss reception ideas. The photography. Flowers. Cake. Table settings. Decorations. Entertainment. Music. Transport. The finer details for the guests and wedding entourage.
- Look for your dress.
- Make a day out with your bridesmaids and decide on their dresses too.
- Having a wedding far far away means your honeymoon could be part of the package. Book your leave off work.
- Begin your beauty regime.
9 – 6 MONTHS
- Confirm arrangements with your wedding destination. And finalise the ceremony and reception. From the menus. And drinks. To the decorations. And seating.
- Groom to find a suit. And sort out the suits for the best men.
- Buy your wedding rings.
- Organise the wedding favours. Then create them.
- If you choosing a gift company. Get a list.
- Buy your wedding lingerie.
- Have your theme set. Draft your decorations to each final touch.
- Remind guests who are travelling to sort out their accommodation.
- Finalise your dress fittings.
6 -3 MONTHS
- Airline tickets should be booked. Issues around how much luggage should all be in hand.
- Sort out passports and travel insurance.
- Confirm the guest list and travelling bridal party.
- Start thinking about your personalised vows if you writing them.
- Devise the order of service sheets. And thank you cards.
- Get a guest book.
- Confirm all you need is arranged for the legalities of getting married away from home.
- Organise the hen and stag nights.
- Choose gifts for the wedding party.
- Ensure the unanswered invitations are replied. To inform the venue of the exact numbers.
- Who’s writing speeches needs to be set.
- Share your wedding mood board.
- The final decisions on must-have shots for photographs should be set.
- Arrange how you want your hair, makeup and style look.
- Packing should be well underway if you will be travelling soon.
- Precision is vital. Have your shoes and accessories. Don’t forget something borrowed…
- Have a dinner party and rehearsal.
- Location, theme, flowers, table settings, decorations must all be fixed.
WEEK OF THE WEDDING
- With your beauty regime complete for the day. From skin to nails to hair. You should be glowing to go.
- Travel to destination.
- Know exactly how the day will go, from start to finish. Walk through each step in the entire venue/ location. Complete tasting of starters, mains and dessert.
- Set up Cake and toasting drinks to be pre-set.
- All the final touches from ‘how to’ to ‘what if’ need to be confirmed now. Including last minute legal matters to leisurely poses against glorious scenery.
ON THE DAY
- Get an early start with no rush.
- Prep of hair and makeup for all the bridal party.
- Getting dressed schedule.
- Devise a healthy breakfast for the bridal party.
- Check all button holes and bouquets. Including the ring holder is ready for all involved.
- All set to go. Relax. Enjoy yourself. Have the best day of your life!
The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make – not just on your wedding day, but over and over again – and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife. Barbara De Angelis
Click on the image and this will take you direct to the product page…
SHOP THE POST