Are you failing to prepare for eventualities?
Preparation is such a key part of life. We prepare for success. Ahead of a interview so we can stand out. For big opportunities. To live life fully. For love. Or preparing to be a wife.
Saying yes to a proposal is the easy part! Thinking about the covenant that you are entering is the important one. In the same way we prepare to become a bride, we should consider how we ought to prepare to become the Bride of Christ. This is a journey of honour. Not towards wedding planning, where millions are spent every year when couples take this step. Rather towards preparation for marriage.
How exactly does a bride to be prepare herself for marriage?
The wedding is the celebration of two lives coming together to take this huge step as they journey together into marriage.
When we see the parallel to becoming the Bride of Christ, we can understand the fundamental choice we are making. And how serious it is.
- A bride to be would be promised to the man she is going to marry, symbolised by the ring on her finger. That means that anyone that looked at her would know she is betrothed (engaged) to someone.
- Following this, she would prepare herself (make herself ready) for her bridegroom and the covenant of marriage. To learn and become acquainted with his family. And how to be a homemaker.
- The pledge of honour begins in the heart of the bride to be.
- As the Bride of Christ, we walk in the love of the Bridegroom as we prepare for the marriage feast. To honour the promise we have made.
- There is much preparation for the big day. As many woman seek out the dress that will wow their bridegroom (and guests).
- In the same way how we act should be to honour Christ as the Bridegroom and to seek to wow Him.
When I began writing the prayers in ‘Becoming A Wife’, my personal aspiration was for God to answer my prayer to meet my future husband. However, the Composer of my love story had other plans.
Through this He is continually fashioning my heart to His. And building faithfulness every single day. Like the women at the Cross constantly reminding me, that He will always be My Kinsman Redeemer. And even now as I prepare to become a wife, that my heart will forever remain, expectant of the passionate fierce love first and foremost for The Bridegroom [Song of Solomon].
If you haven’t already read ‘Becoming A Wife’, that has 31 short prayers where you can focus. Ponder over why you may be reading this. Perhaps your attention has shifted towards praying for your own situation.
Do you long to be a wife? Or you are preparing to become a wife?
As you anticipate meeting your future husband. I encourage you to surrender your mind, heart and soul to Christ. He is the Kinsman Redeemer who will woo you. The Lover of your soul who will pursue you. The Bridegroom who will love you eternally.
May this be the most wondrous journey of experiencing the Perfect Love. Artisan and Creator of your heart. Draw near to His divine tenderness. Be allured by His closeness. Enticed towards His absolute peace. Replacing your miniscule dreams with his limitless plans. That will transcend this life into eternity.
Available in the Amazon Kindle Store
Shop Wedding Scents