Ever feel like you need a sign to direct you to ‘this way’ or ‘that way’?
We live in a world where information is constantly thrown at us. We have to make decisions continually, from choosing what to wear to work to what we should eat and if we should act a certain way. This continues on a daily basis where the list is endless. We read magazines that promote certain lifestyles and trends and sadly we sometimes aimlessly follow those trends without questions. Wouldn’t life be simpler if there were signpost to direct us constantly. However, life isn’t simple.
The following 3 points are if you reach a ‘T’ junction and need a signpost if you are unsure of which is the right way
1| Not always do we find that church teaches us what we should do in every situation.
2| Not always do we regard things or people with value anymore.
3| Not always do we live a life that is founded on Christ the Rock.
Here are Commands to Obey by Nancy Leigh DeMoss that can help you make a decision
- Don’t worry about anything; pray about everything. (Phil. 4:6; Luke 12:29-31)
- Give to those who have need. (Deut. 15:11; Matt. 5:42)
- Abstain from sexual immorality. Flee immorality. (1 Cor. 6:18; 1 Thess. 4:3; 2 Tim. 2:22; 1 Peter 2:11)
- Show hospitality. (Heb. 13:2; 1 Peter 4:9)
- Put away lying. Speak the truth in love. (Zech. 8:16a; Eph. 4:25; Col. 3:9)
- Be kind. (Eph. 4:32; 2 Tim. 2:24a)
- Do not speak evil of one another. ( Ps. 15:3; Ps. 19:14; Eph. 4:31; 1 Tim. 3:11a; James 4:11a)
- In everything give thanks. Count it all joy when you fall into various trials. Rejoice in the Lord. (1 Thess. 5:17; Ps. 68:3; Eph. 5:20; Phil. 4:4; James 1:2-3)
- Love one another. (John 15:12; Heb. 13:1)
- Humble yourself. (2 Cor. 10:17; 1 Peter 5:5b-6)
- If someone has something against you, seek to be reconciled to him. (Matt. 5:23-24)
- Do not return evil for evil. (Rom. 12:17-19)
- Love your enemies and pray for them. (Prov. 24:17; Matt. 5:44; Luke 6:35)
- Obey your employer . . . not only the good and gentle, but also the harsh. (Eph. 6:5-6; Col. 3:22-23; Titus 2:9-10; 1 Peter 2:18, 20b)
- Obey your spiritual leaders. (Rom. 13:1-4; Heb. 13:17; 1 Peter 2:13-14, 17b)
- Care for widows, orphans, the poor. (Is. 1:17; James 1:27)
- Honour your parents. (Prov. 6:20, 23a; Prov. 23:22; Eph. 6:2-3)
- Reverence your husband. Adorn yourself with a submissive, meek, quiet spirit. (1 Peter 3:1-4)
- Forgive. Do not become bitter. (Matt. 18:21-35, Luke 6:37b, Eph. 4:32, Col. 3:12-13, Heb. 12:14-15)