Do you want to beat stress and build emotional strength?
Worry is the biggest impact to our mental health and anxiety levels. Overtaking our lives and consuming us. Impacting known or uncertain circumstances that we confront. A lack of understanding will prevent you from managing worry. Leading to serious health issues. To elude getting to this point, learn how to deal with thoughts, emotions and actions that can occur repeatedly and uncontrollably so that they don’t overwhelm you.
7 Busters to stop worry and negative thinking from overshadowing you
- Break the repetitive and unhelpful cycle. Choose to stay calm instead.
- Distinguish what you are able to solve and what is out of your control.
- Create a healthy work life balance by setting time to relax and schedule time slots to switch off all media.
- Establish your priorities by acquiring knowledge to strategise your time for commitments, routine chores and regular things.
- When your thoughts drift, stop them. A great tool is utilising the Worry Tree to deal with worrying thoughts.
- Discover the manner and means you will not waste valuable resources of your energy and hours ruminating over negativity. With practice you can focus by stretching your mental muscle of how you switch your thoughts from negative to positive, by challenging every thought (Ephesians 6:16).
- Factor how to accept things you are unable to change. Because apprehension and anxiety won’t change things (Luke 12:25).
This post contains affliate links. If you click on any product, I might be rewarded a credit or a small commission if you purchase any item. Please note that I only recommend products that I love and personally use.
7 ways to stop feeling sorry for yourself
Self-pity has no benefit. It only leads you to doubt your abilities and capabilities. By wallowing in your self-absorbed unhappiness and troubles. You must grasp how to move past this quickly by facing your emotions and not allowing them to pull you into a downward spiral. Where you use it to question your outlook to life.
Counteract the pity party for your actions to improve disappointments by being grateful. And comprehend how complaining isn’t useful to your circumstances or that of those around you.
- Include self-care, where you can enjoy a warm bath or listen to uplifting music or read a stimulating book or plug into motivational podcasts.
- You will never progress if you entertain self-doubts. At some point we will question our own capabilities. However, curb every doubt with a step towards courage.
- Worry can declutter your emotions. Where you replay problems while never finding solutions. Or believe the worst. You cannot live thinking some catastrophe is around the corner.
- This is not helpful to finding possible solutions. Worry means you are not praying or trusting God (Matthew 6:34).
- Counteract worry with a boxed timeline every day to jot down every worry. Then spend the rest of the day searching for solutions. When you find yourself wandering into the worry zone, remind yourself that this isn’t the time and you only are permitted to do this in your boxed timeline.
- Engage in something new, such as mastering a skill, physical activity or pursuing a hobby. To deflect and side-track you towards supportive and uplifting patterns, assembled as constructive habits, to get rid of stress and manage tensions and pressures.
- Good habits are only formed through practice so is building mental resilience. Enlarge the prospect of productive and optimistic avenues by developing your imagination. To create a better person than what you were yesterday.
7 steps to manage stress and cope with every issue you are confronted with
- Turn from being a worrier to a warrior as you learn how to be anxious for nothing but pray about everything (Philippians 4:6).
- Be positive. There will always be macro events that you have no influence or authority over. Allow God’ s peace to rule your heart (Colossians 3:15).
- Instead of getting angry in situations. Recognise when you may be falling into a downward spiral. Then seek how to be more assertive by changing your approach from one of complaining and conflict to problem-solving.
- Become aware of the traps that can cause you to sink or slip into stagnation or complaining. Where you choke God’s purpose for your life (Proverbs 12:25). When the adverse winds blow and you fail to tangibly see God’s purpose in your suffering. Open your heart to the fact that God is in control, despite you’re falling and failing due to difficulties and trials too tough to bear.
- Discover your creative side by learning how to generate ideas and solutions to problems you may be facing. Spending time in nature, walking in the park or woods. A change of scenery can assist you to disconnect from daily strains and help you put your problems into perspective.
- The prime way you can build mental strength in the face of worry is by staying anchored in God’s word. There are numerous online resources, such as bible apps, podcasts, Christian channels and studies that can help you maintain an optimistic outlook.
- Take control by becoming smarter and not passive as you search for solutions to your problmes instead of allowing your problems to push you into inaction.
Next week: Embracing Those ‘Oh Wells’ In Life : Live A Life You Proud Of By Kick-starting New Beginnings
You cannot afford to avoid unhealthy habits. Address the worry that propels you to neglect managing your stress levels by dealing with the minor challenges so that they do not grow into major crises.
Share your thoughts…
What uplifts you when worry sets in? How do you remain calm when stressful situations bombard you?
Shop Nail Polish