Is prayer your steering wheel in insecure times?
From time to time, we have all encountered a point in our lives when we lacked confidence or been unsure of our own abilities. This could be caused by trauma in your past or bullying in your childhood. Like any issues you struggle with, you should seek professional help. In addition, praying and drawing towards God can enhance your confidence and eliminate all insecurities.
1| Begin by telling God how you feel
- Do you closely observe the news and are instilled with distress?
- Does the fear of the unknown or of what could happen next leave you feeling unsteady?
- Do you contend with worry?
2| Learn how to pray through practice
- Talk to God all the time knowing only God can turn panic into calm.
- He is the only One who can bring stillness in the middle of disturbing happenings.
3| Learn how to trust God
- Find bible verses that outline Him as your safe haven and anchor in any storm.
- Write them down in a journal or as prompt cards to remind you.
In every anxious event and situation, I bring my requests to You (Philippians 4:6)… being strong in Your mighty power against the forces of evil (Ephesians 6:10-12)… Knowing there is no fear in Your perfect love (1 John 4:18)… Keeping my mind only on You – Perfect Peace (Isaiah 26:3)…
And when I feel unloved, unimportant or insecure, I remember to whom I belong (Ephesians 2:19-22)… I know You are with me always ~ to the very end (Matthew 28:20)… Saved by Your redeeming grace (Ephesians 2:5)… sharing not only in Your suffering but also being heirs to Your glory (Romans 8:17)… complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)… so I turn to You my source first in every insecure moment… knowing You hold everything and in You alone I am secure.
Love your daughter
As you discern God’s purposes for your life, slowly you will let go of all your insecurities. Prayer positions your heart in a place where you won’t be bound by insecurity, because you will know where your identity lies (1 John 3:1).