Will you give up everything that weighs you down to fly high and reach your personal goals?
Taking better care of yourself matters. Most of us fail because we are too busy or get distracted by life’s stresses. However practicing self-love brings many positives. Are you feeling too stressed to be blessed? There is nothing wrong if you do. And at times you have to take care of yourself if you are to be effective or manage what life unfolds in your schedule and life.
Definition of Self-Love [care for one’s happiness and well-being in a non-egotistical manner]
Looking after your mental, physical and emotional health is so important if you are to function competently in every other area of you life. Don’t think of this as selfish. As learning to love yourself the way God does, will help you to love others more confidently.
- If you want to effectively love other people, you have to love yourself first…
- Have you been hurt in the past and found it hard to forgive others, but not yourself?
- You cannot move forward until you forgive yourself…
- Have you acted in destructive ways in a means to hurt yourself using self-blame?
- You have to stop and learn to love yourself…
7 Tips For Self-Love
- It requires honesty for ‘right here’and ‘right now’. Your choices and thought patterns. To help you figure a way to get rid of self-neglect and establish new ways to boost self-worth. By accepting yourself with or without flaws. And brace uncertainty as you work on ways to increase your self-esteem.
- In order to expect someone else to love you, you must feel worthy of being loved first. That means that there is no place for self-doubt. How can everyone else think you awesome if you don’t think that way about yourself?
- Be the best person you can be does not mean that everyone will like the ‘confident, dignified’ person you become. But, you will never have the love, praise, approval, esteem of everyone you meet. And that should not define who you are, or what they think to be a reflection of your true self. Stop waiting for the approval of others! Not everyone likes the same things. So why would everyone like you?
- If you live up to the expectation of others, you will never truly do what you love. And will be subject to the control of how others would want you to be. Think about this for a moment – how is this being yourself? Be brave enough to look in the mirror and forgive yourself, then embrace yourself and develop self-assurance.
- Don’t compare yourself to others or what social media says you should or should not be. You will constantly be caught in a downward spiral. You will never view yourself as the person you really are. You have to realise you are enough without the judgement of people, otherwise it will always be in context to someone or something else. Instead be sensitive and understanding to yourself.
- Think about how you want to be regarded by others, then hold that regard towards yourself first. Evaluate yourself, understand who you really are, support yourself, by the way you are the first person that should esteem yourself. Then learn to set healthy boundaries.
- Let go of anything, everything that holds you back from from being the amazing person God created you to be. And appreciate yourself (in the same way you appreciate others).
Start now by writing a list of 100 ways to love yourself (grasping God’s unfailing, unconditional, everlasting love for you)!
Once you realise that you can love who you are (and that means embracing all your flaws), you will be effectively on the road to self-love. And no, I do not believe that self-love is selfish, because how can I love others, from relationships to friendships unless I love myself first. Imagine how you want to be loved by another, then extend those same emotions to yourself. The next step is acceptance of those small hitches that you cannot get past. Learning to leave comparision behind and like a duck that brushes the water off it’s feathers, pick yourself up every single time life pushes you down and rise to be better!