How do you face your significant fears?
On numerous occasions fear paralyses us to the extent where we are so afraid that we are unable to even pinpoint and express our fears aloud. On the contrary, as a Christian we know that God has not given us a timid mind.
- The onset to facing our fears is to make a list of all we are fearful of.
- Present them to God, because as you pray God will reveal a plan to you of how you can fight the fear that you battle with.
Christ told us to not be afraid, because He knew if we kept in close relationship with God we would have nothing to fear. Even as Christ prepared to die (John 14:27) He urged His disciples not to be afraid. God does not leave us feeling distraught or abandoned.
- He gives you His peace to apply to all you are facing today.
- Journey with God and draw close to Him, even in the middle of your fear, you will know His durable arms are there for you to lean on for hope and peace despite what you face.
Were there times you forged decisions based on your fears?
Even when we know that God’s promises clearly outline that we should not be afraid, we fear to filter this in. Rather we allow our anxious thoughts to dominate us and lead us into feeling fearful. We listen to the circumstances dictating the fear we feel instead of what God says. He is unfailing and trustworthy.
- Deciding whether to entertain fear or not let it rule your life is based on what you choose.
- Believe God or believe fear.
- Maybe you think I don’t understand what you might be facing. I do. Because God brings situations into our lives so we can become strong and courageous as we grow and become stronger to overcome our fears one by one.
- When we see how God has brought others through – our faith is enhanced and we draw closer to Him (Joshua 1:9).
Do you trust God to do His job?
We calculate all the what-ifs in situations trying to come up with maybe, why or what. I am repeating this to myself too – when we are fearful let’s allow God to do His job, we just have to be brave and focus on God’s truths.
- Devise a step by step planner of how you are going to overcome your fear.
- Remind yourself that when you pray over each struggle God always works things out. So why wouldn’t He now?
Remember when you faced your worst fear and in the middle of that you experienced God’s presence? God wants us to believe that no matter what the outcome is we have hope and the awesome faithfulness of God to surround us (Lamentations 3:25-26).
What is one fear you are holding onto and trying to control?
Relinquish control over your fear. Most moments you might be unable to control your fear, quite oppositely God gives you the ability to control how you respond. So respond positively by submitting this all to God.
- Right now name that fear that has paralysed you.
- Hand it to God then be free knowing that God has it all in His hands.
- Most times fear is triggered by an exaggeration of our emotions to a situation. God is in control and when we hand our fears to God we can see that God is bigger that the greatest fear we imagine.
Which choice will you make when any fear creeps in?
From work to your family or unexpected situations. For a moment think about how different your life would be if you let go of your fears. Though we worry or experience pain or loss. Despite the step ahead looking uncertain or dark.
- Reach into God’s truths as His promises hold you and guide your heart. Though you reflect on your fear and all the apprehension, know that God has not left you nor forsaken you.
- He is constantly there in our weaknesses to support us and lift us up as He gives us strength to not give into our fear but trust Him instead.
Shop Ankle Boots