Why is sleep so important to our memory, concentration and productivity?
Sleep is a chief part of our daily schedules. A third of our lives will be spent asleep. Science helps us to understand how critical sleep is to a better and healthier life. The untapped mystery of how sleep biologically regenerates our brains and body is an enigma.
Why implement sleep as a priority?
- It reduces stress
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Helps your body heal and fight back infections
- Improves your mood
- Maintain and manage your weight
Sleep affects how we function and behave. Initiate 4 habits that can create a good night’s rest.
1| Learn how to wind down at the end of the day with these ideas
- A warm bath or shower.
- Writing lists to organise the next day.
- Doing gentle relaxing exercises.
- Listening to relaxing music.
2| Devise regular sleep times and get into the pattern of more sleep
- To help your body and brain adjust to a routine.
- To provide your body and brain enough time to rest, recuperate and reinvigorate.
- To improve your eating habits and choose healthier options.
3| Make your bedroom sleep friendly
- Your bedroom should be a haven for relaxation. And sleep.
- Keep electronic devices out. Have a good mattress and bed.
- Initiate a place for rest and renewal. Dimly lit. Quiet and tidy.
- Invest in double glazing or earplugs if noise affects you. And a sleep mask or block out curtains if you are light sensitive.
4| Keep a sleep diary or journal
- This can uncover patterns, discover activities and amend your lifestyle to improve your sleep.
- Or diagnose problems that you may need to speak to your GP or professional about.
- Improving sleep and creating these simple habits helps to eliminate stress and worry.
End your day by talking to God. Leave all your problems (and solutions) with Him. Because God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of a sound mind. [2 Timothy 1:7]
He gives you the strength to face all situations. [Philippians 4:13] God is with you always so do not be afraid. [Isaiah 41:10] As you rest remember nothing can separate you from God’s love. [Romans 8:38-39]
When you awake, you will be refreshed [Psalms 3:5] and ready to face daily challenges because your body and brain have been revitalised.
There is no doubt that sleep is one of the greatest mysteries, but without it we would be unable to function properly. So if you want to improve your memory, concentration and overall wellbeing, get a good nights sleep. There is no way you can feel cranky or mess out your daily schedule if you follow these four benefits towards the miracle of beauty sleep.
Click on the images and this will take you direct to the product page…