How can I be more thankful in this season?
Being thankful is a choice. This Thanksgiving. Cultivate the attitude of gratitude. No matter how little. Or how much you have. Despite whether your life is perfect. Or you are finding it difficult right now. Count the blessings you find hidden in today. Empathise with someone who may be going through a tough time.
When we choose to see past our situation, our hearts become more thankful towards those around us and we thoughtfully notice the little things we often miss.
Little ways to make thankfulness part of your routine
- Learn to be thankful through practice.
- Be kind to others to show you are thankful for them.
- Appreciate and savour every moment.
- Send someone a gratitude message.
- Be an inspiration by complimenting someone else.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
If you pulled out your notebook or journal, you would find that you could write more than three things you are grateful for. Rather than focusing on that one negative problem and finding everything that could be wrong with today. I have listed a handful of simple things to be thankful for.
- You have wonderful friends and a caring family that you may never tell them often enough how much they mean to you.
- Maybe your situation seems bleak, but there is always someone going through a worse time than you. You have been strong and courageous despite pain, failure or disappointment.
- The fact that you woke up this morning is a blessing, you can smell the flowers and see the beautiful changing colours of autumn.
- Those hobbies or tasks you tirelessly do that bring you so much joy should make you smile, not compare or measure yourself against anyone else.
- Every experience has taken you away from yesterday and given you more for tomorrow. Your experiences, your belongings, your mistakes are all part of who you are becoming.
There is more to be grateful for than complain about. You have running water and electricity, more than alot of families might have. Unlike many people, you have privileges and choices that make you happy. So when things may appear difficult, there is always something you can uncover to be thankful for. Have a thankful and Happy Thanksgiving!