Want some beauty secrets hidden in the Bible?
Your adornment must not be merely external—with interweaving and elaborate knotting of the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or [being superficially preoccupied with] dressing in expensive clothes;
but let it be [the inner beauty of] the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, [one that is calm and self-controlled, not overanxious, but serene and spiritually mature] which is very precious in the sight of God.
1 Peter 3:3-4 (AMP)
In exploring the example of Esther [meaning ‘Star’], she was a woman after God’s heart. Such an extraordinary portrayal of outer and inner beauty.
Offering us tips on how we can spend time making ourselves beautiful.
- Firstly, to radiate an inner beauty (heart, mind, soul).
- Secondly, focusing on outer beauty. This week’s tip is for eyes and lips.
1| Inner Beauty – Modesty And Humility
Esther humbly and courageously submitted herself as Mordecai brought her to the king’s harem.
2| Outer Beauty Tips
Lips – To compliment and be kind to others.
To take care of your lips – moisturise, hydrate and protect your lips from weather elements.
For pretty lips – wear a lipstick and lip liner that enhances your skin tone.
O Lord, put a watch over my mouth.
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Psalms 141:3 (NLV)
Eyes – To look and view others in love.
To take care of your eyes – eat healthy; protect your eyes from harm as this is the only pair you have.
For pretty eyes – wear eyeshadow, liner and mascara that enhances your eye colour and skin tone.
The eye is the light of the body.
If your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
Matthew 6:22 (NLV)
Time to Journal…
- Take some time to think over each point;
- Make it personal and write down everything God is saying to you.
- Read each bible verse and jot down your thoughts.
- Then pray for your inner and outer beauty. Record all the ways you act with modesty in your day to day life.