Proverbs is one of those books in the bible that every writer revels in. Because there is so much intuition and wisdom drawn from ancient times. And epigrams that apply to our modern world as much as they did in the time they were written. One of those books where every word is dripping with much sought prudence and foresight. To make better choices. To be happy. Be more disciplined. Respect those around you.
- How do you gain wisdom?
- How do you deal with matters of life, from family to friendship and business?
- How do you choose to be happy?
What does this summer mean to you? Maybe you are celebrating your birthday. Or something more exciting. But with the new restrictions on social distancing, your well laid plans have disappeared out the window. Choosing happy every moment of your day, for your well being and personal development may need some extra thought. But can be initiated by memorising this acronym. Why not get creative and devise your own abbreviations to key words that improve positive emotions into your daily routine.
My Choice for H A P P Y = Healthy + Active + Progress + Persevere +Youthful
- Gain tips to be happier and more in control as you manoeuvre and cope with the ups and downs of life.
- Manage your stress levels to taking time to simply enjoy yourself. Along the way you will enhance your self-esteem and feel better about who you are.
- Choose a healthy lifestyle from what you eat to enough time to sleep.
- Building sharing relationships with loved friends and family. And build your resilience as you choose to create something worthwhile in the difficult moments of life.
- Remain energetic and enthusiastic about life. Finding that child hidden deep within and never forgetting to make time to play.
- Conclude your day with God as you reflect and ponder on all you are discovering in this journey of life.
12 verses from Proverbs to boost your choice to be happy
Happy is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding; Proverbs 3:13
Wisdoms ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy is everyone who retains her. Proverbs 3:17-18
The one who handles a matter wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy are they. Proverbs 16:20
Heaviness in the heart makes it droop, but a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25
The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy. Proverbs 14:10
Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful, and the end of that cheer is grief. Proverbs 14:13
A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. Proverbs 15:13
All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the one who is of a merry heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15
The one who has joy by the answer of his mouth, and a word spoken in due season, how good it is! Proverbs 15:23
The light of the eyes rejoices the heart, and a good report makes the bones healthy. Proverbs 15:30
It is joy to the just to do justice, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity.Proverbs 21:15
Happy is the one who always fears, but the one who hardens their heart will fall into mischief. Proverbs 28:14
You can find proverbs in any culture and language, Most are brief, but hold depth and advice. So why not study the book of Proverbs. You won’t be disappointed. There are depths of truth found in this book. With extra time to meditate and digest every verse. You might uncover insights to lead a righteous life that is mirrored in your vision, your purpose, goals and objectives. While you maintain a daily routine to motivate you to never stop learning and knowing more about God.
Share your thoughts….
What is your favourite insight from the book of Proverbs to be happy?