Have you ever stopped to think about your value?
Not an everyday question we may ask of ourselves. But, an important one in understanding the wealth of our self-worth.
Recently I watched a documentary on the House of Romanovs Faberge Easter Egg Collection. Exploring each fine design, we understand a little more about Karl Faberge, the astounding artistic jeweller behind the precision and style he infused into each creation. Today, these great pieces sit in museums or in a collectors cabinet. Did Faberge recognise the distinct exquisiteness of his innovation and incredible crafts? No jeweller since has been able to recreate any design to his standard.
So breathtaking beautiful, I considered the time and care that had been placed into each famous impression. More so how much value and worth God places in each of us.
The Oxford dictionary defines self-worth as [a feeling of confidence in yourself that you are a good and useful person].
How do you feel about the advantage and worth you add to your life?
Life has a way of jading our edges. Where we can tread through life simply existing. Or surviving from one course to another, trying to be something or someone else. Most times we never recognise our value. Because too often we are looking at ourselves through the filter of someone prettier, richer, fitter, more sophisticated, and so the list goes on. Our value is not founded in the car we drive, or the house we own, or by our bank balance or how many holidays we go on. It is more specific to the way we perceive ourselves in relation to the world around us.
In the same way we revel in historic art or collector’s items. None of these items are ordinary. They stand out with their uniqueness. To a greater extent, God views each of us as a masterpiece. Not as a block that should just fit into the rest of a building, when he invented us He had many plans in mind. But these 3 points stand out –
- Our uniqueness is God’s intention.
- Our uniqueness is God’s purpose.
- Our uniqueness is God’s love.
Don’t Fit In
How do you discover that uniqueness you were created with?
- The reason why those who love you think you are awesome.
- The qualities you overlook, but others compliment you for.
- The tasks you do with passion and love.
- The elements that make you act with authenticity.
- The gifts and talents you invest into your day to make it a productive working day.
- The self-respect that leads to healthy assessing of your qualities.
Embrace your differences
Remember your younger self, who allowed the fear of what others thought about you, to stop you from accepting you for you. Everything about you makes you unique, from your hair colour to the way you laugh. Those are the interesting elements that make up our individuality. Not everyone can be outgoing or the life and soul of the party. That’s why friendships and relationships balance out. When others are calm, listen more and have a more chilled attitude. We compliment those around us when we don’t always have things in common. Learn how to embrace the differences of being unique by recognising each other’s view can bring a richer understanding. In case you ever forget and question your differences, recall why you chose the braver path.
Be who you are!
When will be a better time than now. To know why you get out of bed each morning. And what you have to offer to the world.
- All those experiences that have shaped the person you are. That cute little girl that grew up. Faced moments that have fashioned who you are. Through strength and weakness; good and bad; success and failings; gaining knowledge and becoming wiser.
- The distinctness in your character that differs to others. Your perspective and how you view yourself and others. Because I view life differently to you, and vice versa simply as our ideas and opinions differs in relation to our experiences and perceptions.
- Unlock your wisdom, aim to infect everyone with your positivity, so that you influence others by the directions you choose. Not to limit, but accomplish. And stand up for what you believe in.
- The way you use and give of your skills and competencies. Is a result of what you have experienced. To react to negative and difficult situations with understanding and resolve. Not remaining hostage to past failings. Rather diminish anxious or defensive attitudes. Deriving every experience to choose better choices towards a stronger and improved future.
- The contribution you make that cannot be likened to anyone else. What we are is what we become. Based on the habits we include regularly that improve, enlarge and restore good health (physically, mentally and spiritually) leading to a robust well being.
- The ways you persevere, reaching forward by opting for innovation, forging an interest and variety to life with your God-given talents and gifts are a vision of you. Your beauty, vision and effectiveness.
- The small elements you might overlook that make you you! From the energy and effort you invest in all areas of your life. To the varying preferences you have for food, art, history, sport and so on. That expand our horizons in a continual path of self-development and personal development. Open mindedly, the interests we pursue to find happiness or meaning in life. Triggered by our passion that should always remain aflame, to illuninate our beliefs and burn a trail on our path of values.
You have something totally exceptional and important to add to the world. God created you in His image (Genesis 1:27). Knows everything about you, from the time you sit to when you stand (Psalm 139:2-4). Simply as you are His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10) and He knew you before you were formed in your mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:4-5). Choosing you to be royalty, holy, belonging to God alone (1 Peter 2:9). Pretty remarkable, so next time you doubt your value and even contemplate tearing yourself down. Or wonder whether you provide any worth to the world you live in, reflect on these astounding truths.
An artisan is a crafter, For with his hands he creates.
God the ultimate creator, Is matchless, For we gaze in awe of the twinkling galaxies. Yet bow in beauty at the scent of a blossoming rose.
Distinctly the artisan, displays innovation that is outstanding. But is unlike God who made us to bear His very image.
Handmade by God, from the earth He breathed life into us. When we stare at our faces and hands and hair we see originality. Because no features or hair strand or finger print is ever similiar.
God created us as a timeless collection. One you. One me.
Share your thoughts…
What smart ways do you choose to build yourself up and affirm your uniqueness?