Do you want to be the person who fell seven times, but succeeded on the eighth?
The festive season is long gone, but can often trigger the ‘January blues’. Most people feel this lull in mood anytime from the end of the festive season until February. We launch into the year with determined resolution, but bleak struggles can sometimes draw us away from positive moments. The solution is to choose ways to boost your mood, by absorbing a healthy lifestyle. Lately I have started making green juices. One beneficial option when you consume foods that are enriched with vitamins, is they assist you cope with this respite.
Was there a time you chose to live boldly and tackle all your fears?
Where you refused to allow woes and doubt to dominate or define your life. Or permit apprehension to embezzle your happiness and dreams.
- Are you suppressing the risk of taking a step of faith?
- In order to evade the possibility of rejection or failure?
- More so eluding the probability of trying because you may be embarrassed or look silly?
There is no escaping being hurt. We may all have fears from our childhood. Possible trauma or wounds we never allow to heal. Holding onto our safe bear or blanket as a security net is futile to building courage and becoming whole.
- What if you lived where you never apologise for being you?
- Take responsibility to admit your fears, then appropriately set out to tackle them and shrink your anxieties?
- Will you excavate the bravery you have deep within to rise not retire?
Unearth your superpowers of never giving up, bursting with your passion for life that will drive you forward. To persist, be patient and work hard even when things aren’t working and everyone says otherwise.
1| Know who you are and want to be
- How do you overcome extraordinary hurdles?
We get to this point by developing self-discipline. To change. In every step. Open the many doors that are ahead of us at any given time. To what we control and how we react. To our temperament and emotions.
Master your weaknesses until they become your strengths. If you don’t expend self-knowledge by knowing who you are, how will you make better decisions or learn self-control or significantly resist social pressures. That can grind our values, vitality and vision. We all have abilities, skills and talents that make us unique. Intrinsic and extrinsic characteristics that shape who we want to be.
- Except how can we flourish in life if we choose wilting situations?
2| Insert positivity into everything you do
Living against the grain of who you are and want to be can be clashing. Because that isn’t what you are meant to be. There will always be negative and positive words filtering through your mind. You choose to change your self-talk.
- Create and thrive in a positive environment instead of battering your character or using self-criticism to the point of belittling and handicapping yourself.
- Stretching towards your goals to become a better person begins when you become your #1 self-encourager to raise your self-confidence.
Forget what other people think. Endless attempts to be perfect. Missteps and under achievements should shove you forward not back. Ditch the negative people and settings. Basically act positive even when you don’t feel like it and soon you will be!
3| Be yourself
- If you look back on your life so far, what do you see?
- Do you live worrying about what others think about you? Intent on pleasing everyone?
- Could you say you are confident in your own skin (who you are)? Do you appreciate yourself?
We all have good and bad traits. That’s why self-development is significant to assist us as we work on those not so good traits. You can redefine who you are. Change your old values for new ones. Prohibit yourself from reverting backward. We all have a past where something we did might make us cringe. Remember your previous choices. Despite their impact, they do not define who you are. To transition and grow you must discontinue plaguing yourself for what you did in the past.
- Give yourself a quick pep talk.
- When you arise and are assured in who you are. Believe that.
- Stand up for what you believe. At times this may require us to speak out, on other occasions to remain silent. Either way you will make a statement.
- Keep your word. Don’t make excuses. Cultivate the reputation to do what you say you will.
- Although easy tasks may emerge out of comfort zones. New environments are where crazy and novel ideas are born. That’s where you stride into boldness!
4| It’s ok to not be perfect
- Are there days where you are flooded with thoughts of – do I need this or not? Am I good enough or do I know all the answers?
- Do you place unrealistic expectations on yourself?
- Where you exhaust your hope and pin your self-worth on what you accomplish?
- Constantly on the wheel of approval of what you are trying to prove.
- Striving to be flawless and faultless in any setting?
Forming and maintaining healthy boundaries will carry you throughout your lifetime. Self-reliance attained through hard work and determination as you approach every trial and error. Where your self-confidence is established as you think and make decisions that enhance your self-esteem.
Try not to mistake being unnoticed as thinking you are ignored. Abolish the need for perfectionism in everything you do. Acting like superman or wonder woman is simply an unreachable goal. Small steps make you expand and be excellent. Appreciate your progress as you outline your blueprint. With resilience be yourself without limiting your view by always attempting to be perfect.
5| Live a life you will be proud of
Along our journey through life we meet setbacks. The greatest is doubting yourself. Here is where acknowledging your progress is important to monitor your success. Rather than maximise your problems and minimise your progress. Reverse your thinking. Become that interesting person who captures you with their outlook and knowledge. By living your life consistent with your values you always choose to treat others with respect and embrace a sincere and loving heart. Regardless of their attitude or actions.
- Set goals. Short term. Long term. Goals are essential, to forge ahead.
- Achieve success.
- Form New Year’s resolutions and stick to them.
- Know what your target is. What you can do.
- Use self-motivation to chug away. Because this is your life and you have to take action to know what you want and how you want your world to change.
- Be aware of your habits and pitfalls. Nothing comes without being patient and persistent. Most of all know why you are doing what you doing. It should be for yourself and not someone else.
6| Change your attitude
If you change your attitude imagine how that could alter your life.
- Add optimism and enthusiasm to your life to enlarge opportunities and shrink obstructions.
- Draw others to you because of your outlook to life and how you showcase your purpose.
- Broaden your limits so that you don’t dwindle in brittle and slow conditions.
- Relaunch setbacks, not as rejection but action for gratitude and affirmative meaning that we all devote our lives to searching for. All notable to converting what you think you can be to action, without wasting any of your experiences.
Slipping into comfort zones and routine is so much easier, than treading cycles of progression and evolution which brings discomfort. Insulated thinking can be the biggest impediment to change.
Look at your situation differently. List all the amazing parts of your life. Then get over your fear. You will never develop courage stuck in a safe space. Become that role model you idolise.
7| Build courage to face life’s challenges
- We long for a fearless life. But are we stopping ourselves from making that happen?
- Can you recall the times you wish you had spoken out, but instead remained silent?
- Or the times you ignored your gut feeling when you could have taken action?
There are countless moments where we hesitate instead of moving forward. Fearing we are not suitable or good enough.
If you began realising that every day is a gift from God. You will make the most of today. By being different or embracing something new. Displaying some assertiveness and asking for what you want. Learn how to be more generous with your heart, without expectation. Commit yourself to loving yourself and others. When your fears are exposed, you will learn and grow through them. As you dare more and brace life as a wonderful adventure.
8| Add value to your community
We all want to be a superhero. Be remembered for all our great traits and feats. But, most times it begins with taking interest in other people. Their passions. Their emotions. Their lives.
Volunteer for a local charity. Care about how someone else feels, above your own feelings. With no agenda or need for recognition. Support good causes or give back without expecting anything in return.
- Your smile could make someone else feel happier.
- Your positivity could allow their problems to appear smaller.
- Your esteem could make them feel important.
- Your constructive remarks might boost their self-confidence.
- Your empathy could enhance their dreams and instil hope.
You have more courage than you think. Are more confident than you imagined. When you walk what you talk, you have upturned the feelings of fearful to fearless. In sustaining clear priorities and owning your strengths and failings to build momentum to withstand and win, not buckle or cave in.
Share your thoughts…
What lessons have you learned that have prompted you to live your life boldly without apologising for who you are? I would love to hear from you.