You cannot copy content of this page

Preparing To Be A Wife… Soon To Be MRS

Preparation is such a key part of life. We prepare for success. Ahead of a interview so we can stand out. For big opportunities. To live life fully. For love.

Are you failing to prepare for eventualities?

Saying yes to a proposal is the easy part! Thinking about the covenant that you are entering is the important one. In the same way we prepare to become a bride, we should consider how we ought to prepare to become the Bride of Christ. This is a journey of honour. Not towards wedding planning, where millions are spent every year when couples take this step. Rather towards preparation for marriage.

How exactly does a bride to be prepare herself for marriage?

The wedding is the celebration of two lives coming together to take this huge step as they journey together into marriage.

When we see the parallel to becoming the Bride of Christ, we can understand the fundamental choice we are making. And how serious it is.

• A bride to be would be promised to the man she is going to marry, symbolised by the ring on her finger. That means that anyone that looked at her would know she is betrothed (engaged) to someone.
  • Following this, she would prepare herself (make herself ready) for her bridegroom and the covenant of marriage. To learn and become acquainted with his family. And how to be a homemaker.
  • The pledge of honour begins in the heart of the bride to be.
  • As the Bride of Christ, we walk in the love of the Bridegroom as we prepare for the marriage feast. To honour the promise we have made.
  • There is much preparation for the big day. As many woman seek out the dress that will wow their bridegroom (and guests).
  • In the same way how we act should be to honour Christ as the Bridegroom and to seek to wow Him.

When I began writing the prayers in ‘Becoming A Wife’, my personal aspiration was for God to answer my prayer to meet my future husband. However, the Composer of my love story had other plans.

Through this He is continually fashioning my heart to His. And building faithfulness every single day. Like the women at the Cross constantly reminding me, that He will always be My Kinsman Redeemer. And even now as I prepare to become a wife, that my heart will forever remain, expectant of the passionate fierce love first and foremost for The Bridegroom [Song of Solomon].

If you haven’t already read ‘Becoming A Wife’, that has 31 short prayers where you can focus. Ponder over why you may be reading this. Perhaps your attention has shifted towards praying for your own situation.

Do you long to be a wife? Or you are preparing to become a wife?

As you anticipate meeting your future husband. I encourage you to surrender your mind, heart and soul to Christ. He is the Kinsman Redeemer who will woo you. The Lover of your soul who will pursue you. The Bridegroom who will love you eternally.

May this be the most wondrous journey of experiencing the Perfect Love. Artisan and Creator of your heart. Draw near to His divine tenderness. Be allured by His closeness. Enticed towards His absolute peace. Replacing your miniscule dreams with his limitless plans. That will transcend this life into eternity.

Available in the Amazon Kindle Store

Shop Wedding Scents

THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS.

16 Comments

1. October 28, 2019 / 8:09 pm

Beautiful, Ava! Your words on wives and bride to be’s, praying for future husbands, and the quotes you highlighted make this a wonderful post for current wives and wives to be! I write monthly (and contributed to our first book) for A Wife Like Me. We have a growing and refreshing community on Facebook to not only help wives, but to help them build stronger marriages.

2. October 28, 2019 / 8:39 pm

What a beautiful post! It’s so wonderful that no matter our situation that we are always preparing to be the bride. Knowing that our future is absolutely secure with our Heavenly Bride Groom. It’s something that should fill our heart with anticipation for such a glorious day and we should take special care in being a prepared bride!

3. Ava
    Author
    October 28, 2019 / 9:06 pm

Absolutely April, thank you!

4. Ava
    Author
    October 28, 2019 / 9:07 pm

Sounds wonderful Karen, thank you would love to be part of that!

5. October 28, 2019 / 9:37 pm

Beautiful. My husband and I have been married for over 40 years. We have learned many lessons of love along the way.

6. Ava
    Author
    October 28, 2019 / 9:44 pm

Thanks so much Melissa! That is inspiring and encouraging for many!

7. October 29, 2019 / 12:04 am

Good words. We focus more on preparing for the wedding than we do preparing for the marriage and it should be the other way around!

8. Jessica Brodie
    October 30, 2019 / 1:27 am

I agree with what Ava Pennington said, aboveā€”our focus should be on the marriage. Being the best wife we can be, keeping God at our centerm and loving our husband above ourselves is, to me, the “Jesus way” of doing marriage. Husbands naturally want to reciprocate when they are well loved. Not always does kindness beget kindness, true, but it usually does.

9. October 30, 2019 / 2:52 am

I’m a guy and I have 3 sons, but as I read, I thought about my future daughter-in-law. My son proposed last summer to a woman who first committed her life to Jesus Christ. She met Jesus in her college years and found an unconditional love that transcends her dreams. I’m so blessed and happy for my son, who found a bride with whom to spend the rest of his days. God brought them together and gifted them to each other. Thank you for this post which, for me, equated to a special time of reflection about my future daught-in-law.

10. S. A. Foster
    October 31, 2019 / 1:53 pm

Great post! Such a beautiful reminder of what marriage is and should be and the fact that God truly is the center.

11. Ava
    Author
    October 31, 2019 / 5:18 pm

Thanks for your helpful advice Jessica!

12. Ava
    Author
    October 31, 2019 / 5:18 pm

Thanks for sharing Stephen!

13. Ava
    Author
    October 31, 2019 / 5:20 pm

Thank you for your kind encouragement!

14. Ava
    Author
    October 31, 2019 / 5:21 pm

Absolutely Ava l couldn’t agree with you more!

15. October 31, 2019 / 5:42 pm

Preparation is crucial for a successful marriage. Too many concentrate on the day instead of the life that follows. Great job, Ava!

16. Ava
    Author
    November 2, 2019 / 10:37 pm

So true Nancy! Thank you!