Invisible or Indistinctive? Hidden With Intent

Have you felt like you in a season where you are invisible?

You might assume you have been called to do something specific. Serve God in a way you felt His leading. But surprisingly you feel hidden and undetectable from where you believe you should be.

What benefits do you gain from being under the shadow?

There is an inexplicable protectiveness from God. Isaiah was hidden in the shadow of God’s hand while God was perfecting him for His ministry [Isaiah 49:2]. In this season, as God has called us He perfects our work and hearts. While we envisage this period like a lengthy time, seemingly never-ending, before we can notice any slight evidence of our sacrifice. Inclusive of all our diligence, uphill struggle and hard work we place in the hope we might receive some recognition for our dedication. Despite all this there are no results. At that point, it is easy to become despondent because you feel like you are wasting your time or this might be the wrong path. Isaiah was discouraged, because he felt like he had worked for nothing and in turn had nothing to show for all his hard work [Isaiah 49:4].

Although our heart is weighed with despondency or we walk around prone to discouragement feeling concealed, even though we cannot see any change or growth and we are determined to continue to keep working, this doesn’t mean it’s true. We already know that it requires faith! Anyone who seeks and approaches God must both believe that He exists and cares enough to respond [Hebrew 11:6] and we are no exception.

The Bible is filled with many who underwent anonymity, insignificance and obscurity before they were promoted – we see this in the life of Moses, Paul and Christ. God has a way of advancing us but not in the way we think should happen. There are no overnight sensations or 15 minutes of fame successes with God. For many there will be countless years spent in the backside of the desert in preparation. While God prepares, sharpens and polishes our characters. Only when He sees us fit to be launched into our suitable time of elevation… then will He make the appropriate way.

In the meantime, what can you do in the years where you seem unnoticed?

This could become a time to study and serve. Simply be faithful to others and their success and be prepared to do a lot behind the scenes that many will not notice or even care about. Without forgetting that God doesn’t miss anything. He sees what you do and how you help others. As you remain patient, when the time is right you will be successful. Tune your ear to His. And all that He has placed within you and you have set up will be His hidden design in you arising.

Shop Headphones

THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS.

16 Comments

1. June 24, 2019 / 10:15 pm

Ava, I agree, the Lord uses those the world would not necessarily choose for great things or important tasks. Love this thought,
    “While God prepares, sharpens and polishes our characters. Only when He sees us fit to be launched into our suitable time of elevation… then will He make the appropriate way.” So true. And then it’s still about Him receiving all the glory and us being used by Him as He raises us up.

2. June 25, 2019 / 4:16 pm

“Simply be faithful…”
    Amen – this is what God wants, isn’t it?

3. Candice Brown
    June 25, 2019 / 6:37 pm

Amen! Love the proverb; how many times have I hurried and scurried instead of waiting on the Lord and his plans? Thanks! Well-put, as usual.

4. June 25, 2019 / 6:40 pm

Ava, very encouraging. I think many of us working for the Lord want a wider reach, but this is in God’s timing. He is faithful to complete what He started. I heard someone say that when we are waiting on God we are also in His school. Your comment “This could become a time to study and serve” reminded me of her insight. I think I’m more in school right now, studying, learning, and faithfully doing the next right thing. 🙂 Thank you for the affirmation!

5. Ava
    Author
    June 25, 2019 / 9:36 pm

Thanks Marcie, we are learning everyday.

6. Ava
    Author
    June 25, 2019 / 9:38 pm

Thanks Candice, how true we all are guilty of this.

7. Ava
    Author
    June 25, 2019 / 9:38 pm

Thanks Beth, absolutely!

8. Ava
    Author
    June 25, 2019 / 9:39 pm

Thanks Karen, God’s plans are so much better than ours.

9. June 26, 2019 / 7:53 am

Hi Ava. My wife and I left our church of about 350 people and started attending a church much closer to home of about 3,000 people. It’s really easy to be invisible and really hard to find a niche in which to serve God. My wife serves in children’s ministry, and, as a teacher type, I found my ministry in leading Bible studies in smaller groups which also led to writing. Being unnoticed actually helped lead me to writing, which is very cool to think about. God leads us in areas we may never have imagined.

10. June 26, 2019 / 3:30 pm

Wow, Ava, you could have written that just for me. Thanks and God bless!

11. Jessica Brodie
    June 26, 2019 / 11:49 pm

I love this. I love the freedom that come with being unnoticed. I don’t always get to be unnoticed, but it’s liberating, because I feel like I can fully point to God and let Him lead me.

12. Ava
    Author
    June 27, 2019 / 7:39 pm

So true Jessica! A chance to simply be still and listen.

13. Ava
    Author
    June 27, 2019 / 7:41 pm

So glad you liked this Nancy, I wasn’t sure whether to post it or not, but now so glad I did!

14. Ava
    Author
    June 27, 2019 / 7:48 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Stephen, I go to a huge church and writing has opened so many avenues to meet so many great people out there. It’s amazing what God can do!

15. June 29, 2019 / 7:03 pm

Good info for the times of waiting.

16. Ava
    Author
    July 2, 2019 / 12:28 pm

Most certainly it is tough to not know what to do while we wait.