Are you good with managing your time? Do you have more than one interest you are involved in? Every day may be different and although you might not have a set routine. It is beneficial to have a structure where you create your own rules and timelines for your working week.
With three tips to keep in mind as you plan your day and evolve means you can –
1| Learn to work in a smarter way…
By continually assessing your schedule throughout the day. Once you establish routines for different tasks you will work faster as you need less time to think about tasks you have mastered. Reduce the number of decisions you need to make each day boosts productivity. Instead plan simple tasks ahead such as what you will wear and eat for your upcoming week.
2| Do more in less time therefore shortening your day…
In learning when to say no. And how to effectively do this. It really is that simply. Focus is the key to knowing what matters and what can be postponed. Create a plan and stick to it by loving what you do, if you cannot do what you love.
3| Develop better ways of working…
Why not try to walk and talk with colleagues. Find creative ways to meet and discuss key points without having to schedule a time for meeting. Because your aim is to obtain results so that is ultimately what you should be measuring. Your thinking needs to shift towards new ways of working such as flexible and smart working to incorporate the increased demand on our work/home life balance and need for obtaining job satisfaction.
Some ideas include –
- Keeping one day solely to plan and prepare for the week ahead.
- Instigate advance planning so that you can easily manage last minute demands that crop up.
- Have a different work space for specific days of the week can help with an increase in new ideas and energy.
- Sometimes being in a library or quiet setting can assist in improved productivity.
- Break your day up into parts. Where you can spend 3 hours being completely focused and work in 60 minute slots for allocated tasks.
- It is permissible to switch your phone to silent or put a do not disturb on your business Skype or an out of office on your emails.
- Music might help you work better. Choose your favourite playlist. From relaxing piano music to jazz. Or anything else that meets your preference.
- Boring tasks might be best tackled when you begin your day.
- Responding to emails all in one big hit can also prove successful for some professionals.
- Don’t forget to take breaks to stretch your legs, hydrate with water and reset your mind and energy levels.
- Time away from any visual screen can help you think better, reflect on past actions and brainstorm for ahead.
- If you learn to work smarter, you will get more done in less time and feel more energised.
- The remainder of your day can allow you to dedicate time to learning a new skill or doing an online course or listen to a podcast to enhance your performance.
- Like a beautiful fragrance that lingers long after you have left the room, start making a good impression by becoming more organised with your time and skills.
Shop Summery Fragrances