Are you a complainer? Or are you fun to be around?
Do you create a relaxing atmosphere? Or does everyone tense up when you walk through the door?
How would your friends describe you? Are you interested in others?
Or is it all about you? Caught up in negativity about anything. Anyone.
Did you know that complaining is damaging you?
Because it establishes a pattern in your brain. Once you start grumbling. You find more to moan about. You become dismal. Sarcastic. Despondent. That people avoid you. Make excuses not to meet you. Or talk to you. You lose trust from people. People will think that if you complain about anything or anyone. That you complain about them too. No one wants to be around a complainer.
- You can change. With time and effort. You can become that contagious person that everyone will flock to. Choose to be happy because it will enhance your health and wellbeing. A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crush spirit dries up the bones. [Proverbs 17:22]
- Be aware of the way you speak and act. Are you pessimistic? Try assess what is missing from your life. That makes you whinge and grumble. Can you find a way to meet this need? Learn to relax. Take deep breaths. Find ways to cope. Keep calm. Don’t hang out with angry people; don’t keep company with hotheads. Bad temper is contagious—don’t get infected. [Proverbs 22:24-25]
- Choose change as a habit. Keep a diary. Be aware of what you do. This helps you avoid falling into the pattern of complaining. Or being negative about everything. Make a decision. Then take small steps to change your apathetic actions.
- Use self-talk to motivate yourself to become an inspiring person. Encourage others. Then start acting the part. Be happy. But don’t pretend. Tell yourself I am happy. I choose not to be gloomy today. Consciously choose to see everyone’s good points. Be nice to others first. This will make you feel better about yourself. You will become happier. Practice tenderhearted mercy and kindness to others. Don’t worry about making a good impression on them, but be ready to suffer quietly and patiently. [Colossians 3:12]
- Praise others more, give compliments. Build influence. Always see the best in others. Don’t speak badly of anyone. Celebrate with others when they are happy. Be caring when they are down. If you don’t have something optmistic to say. Don’t say anything at all. Celebrate always, pray constantly, and give thanks to God no matter what circumstances you find yourself in. (This is God’s will for all of you in Jesus the Anointed.) [1 Thessalonians 5:16-18]
- Negative and complaining behaviour repels others. Start being light hearted. Enjoy everything you do. As you adopt a positive demeanour. You will be likeable. And soon find contentment in any situation.
#blogboost Day 20 of the Ultimate Blog Boost