Recently, I have been summarising the characteristics drawn together from the life of Esther, where we find timeless virtues that displayed the God she honoured.
Even with no mention of God in this romance story, there is clear disclosure of a faithful God throughout this book.
Looking at women today ~ developing gracefulness, dignity and composure are important traits that are respected in every area of life and in leadership.
As we gaze at the leader within Esther, she was filled with strategy [having a master plan with clear approach] she exhibited clear judgement and a calm poise that captivated her audience.
The Godly woman of Proverbs 31 presents us with motivating aspects worth considering and customising as ‘today’s woman’ and leaders in society, business, family [place your role here], here are a few to ponder over ~
- She was a good time manager… displaying diligence in her to-do list each day…
- She aspired to be a woman who never forgets to firstly spend time with her God… exhibiting beauty from her heart…
- Her self-worth is rooted in her identity… her inner beauty in knowing that her identity lies in God her creator God… demonstrated by her passion, creativeness and innovation in her style and manners… leaving a Godly lasting impression on others…
3 Habits To Develop Poise [a balanced composure of gracefulness and dignity] start with these ~
1| Improve self-confidence
And your ability to deal with what life throws at you… work on your strengths and do not focus on your weakness… practice positivity, plan ahead and be prepared helps you speak with [skillful and godly] wisdom [Proverbs 31:26a] and remain cool when the pressure comes.
2| Improve self-control
Work on being more understanding towards yourself… by aiming to reach your goals despite the obstacles… not always acting on impulse… gives you the ability to master reason by overcoming instinct because the teaching of kindness is always on your tongue [giving counsel and instruction]. [Proverbs 31:26b] and a positive attitude assists you to remain calm in a crisis.
3| Improve self-esteem
Learn to relax and not being critical of yourself in front of others… boost your morale… respect yourself… feel esteemed without the approval of others becoming acquainted with your Christ given identity, because you are God’s masterpiece. [Ephesians 2:10]
By practicing self-confidence, self-control and self-esteem you will develop poise…
- This will make you look more attractive,
- Be more appealing to others,
- Your interactions will be more assertive in a positive way,
- You will have less negatives to deliberate over.
Share your thoughts…
How do you develop gracefulness, dignity and composure in a stressful and busy life?