At the Welcome evening last night, I received prophetic words from a leader who didn’t even know me.
The heat of the Holy Spirit filled me as he spoke into my life. The details of the prophecy are personal so I will only share the declaration that he said God is taking me on a journey of joy to a place of safety and know Him as ‘Father’ in a redefined way.
I have known pain in the past. But, I have not given up.
I have pressed forward, despite how I felt.
On each step He shines His light and I am receiving a revelation that the journey of joy is one of freedom. God is taking me on an adventure, taking me to a place of joy and excitement and liberty.
- A place I have never been before.
- A place of unmitigated freedom in Christ.
This resonated with me as I read 12 Steps to Impossible Joy by Mary Demuth At the beginning of this year, I told God that I wanted a change, agreeing to surrender my life to Christ in a new way.
- I longed for a new story.
- I longed for Christ to take the reins.
- I longed for things to change and be different than before. It’s simple but difficult… Beautiful, but risky.’
- I want Jesus to be the Hero.
- I want Him to control all the things I want to control.
- I want Him to be my Everything, for His joy is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10; Psalms 5:11).
So, I give [and will keep giving] God the pen to grab it and write something beautiful and brave of my life!