If you are feeling unwell due to stress. Both personal and work related. It can be difficult talking about this to anyone.
Let’s go through 4 main signs that indicate you might be under stress.
1| Common signs
- The continual feeling that you can’t cope.
- Difficulty concentrating on anything.
- Having problems sleeping.
- Loss or appetite or overeating.
- Not feeling motivated or interest in anything.
- Being indecisive all the time.
- Lacking confidence or requiring validation from others.
2| Emotional effects
- Feeling anxious.
- Having constant low mood or depression.
- Being irritability, short tempered or mood swings.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- Lacking self-esteem.
- Constant racing thoughts.
- Worry or ruminating over the same thing repeatedly.
3| Physical signs
- Muscle tension or pain.
- Dizziness and nausea.
- Lethargic or no energy.
- Weight gain or loss.
4| Behavioural changes
- Eating more or not eating much.
- Sleeping too much or too little.
- Isolating yourself from other people.
There are some things to do immediately to try relax. Take regular breaks at work or home. Rest and have a warm drink for a few minutes. Start to do exercise, like Pilates. Then gradually increase this to something like swimming, running or cycling.
Some useful resources are provided in every workplace. Through your work Occupational Health department. For further support, contact your line manager. Or if you are able to, set up an appointment direct with Occupational Health.
If you still feel you require more help, visit your local GP who has a fountain of various avenues for you. These offer you a combination of general health information and more personally tailored therapies.
Additionally, ACAS provides information and advice for employees. They can recommend or signpost you to a specific service to assist you with finding a resolution to any workplace problem.
Do not be anxious about anything, but by thankful prayer and petition, make your requests known to God. The peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. [Philippians 4:6-7] So cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. [Psalms 55:22]
#blogboost Day 5 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge