We live in a world where information is constantly thrown at us.
We have to make decisions continually, from choosing what to wear to work to what we should eat and if we should act a certain way. This continues on a daily basis where the list is endless.
We read magazines that promote certain lifestyles and trends and sadly the church sometimes follows those trends.
So how do we find out for ourselves what is right based on perhaps what even the church is telling us?
I have been following the True Woman Challenge and there are a number of good principles I have learnt over this 30 day series.
The following points is what I have been prompted by the Holy Spirit to share ~
1. Not always do we find that church teaches us what we should do in every situation.
We need to make our base manual the Word of God which should direct all our steps (Psalms 119:133).
2. Not always do we regard things or people with value anymore.
In our ‘instant’ society and throw away culture, we rarely have to work hard for anything, because we can have nearly everything we want is at the click of a finger. If we do not know the Word of God when a difficult situation arises we will be swayed.
We need to be like the tree whose roots are firmly grounded in Christ (Psalms 1:3; Jeremiah 17:8).
3. Not always do we live a life that is founded on Christ the Rock.
We need to turn back to the Word of God as our only manual for life and test everything against the Word of God (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
I have included Commands to Obey by Nancy Leigh DeMoss; I hope you find them useful.
- Don’t worry about anything; pray about everything. (Phil. 4:6; Luke 12:29-31)
- Give to those who have need. (Deut. 15:11; Matt. 5:42)
- Abstain from sexual immorality. Flee immorality. (1 Cor. 6:18; 1 Thess. 4:3; 2 Tim. 2:22; 1 Peter 2:11)
- Show hospitality. (Heb. 13:2; 1 Peter 4:9)
- Put away lying. Speak the truth in love. (Zech. 8:16a; Eph. 4:25; Col. 3:9)
- Be kind. (Eph. 4:32; 2 Tim. 2:24a)
- Do not speak evil of one another. ( Ps. 15:3; Ps. 19:14; Eph. 4:31; 1 Tim. 3:11a; James 4:11a)
- In everything give thanks. Count it all joy when you fall into various trials. Rejoice in the Lord. (1 Thess. 5:17; Ps. 68:3; Eph. 5:20; Phil. 4:4; James 1:2-3)
- Love one another. (John 15:12; Heb. 13:1)
- Humble yourself. (2 Cor. 10:17; 1 Peter 5:5b-6)
- If someone has something against you, seek to be reconciled to him. (Matt. 5:23-24)
- Do not return evil for evil. (Rom. 12:17-19)
- Love your enemies and pray for them. (Prov. 24:17; Matt. 5:44; Luke 6:35)
- Obey your employer . . . not only the good and gentle, but also the harsh. (Eph. 6:5-6; Col. 3:22-23; Titus 2:9-10; 1 Peter 2:18, 20b)
- Obey your spiritual leaders. (Rom. 13:1-4; Heb. 13:17; 1 Peter 2:13-14, 17b)
- Care for widows, orphans, the poor. (Is. 1:17; James 1:27)
- Honour your parents. (Prov. 6:20, 23a; Prov. 23:22; Eph. 6:2-3)
- Reverence your husband. Adorn yourself with a submissive, meek, quiet spirit. (1 Peter 3:1-4)
- Forgive. Do not become bitter. (Matt. 18:21-35, Luke 6:37b, Eph. 4:32, Col. 3:12-13, Heb. 12:14-15)
Read more here… to see more deep truths at revive our hearts dot com
[Source of video : You Make Me Brave, Amanda Cook Bethel Music ~ youtube.com]